Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Special K Diet Info

The Special K diet is a diet where you replace 2 meals a day with a serving of special K cereal. You can eat what you like for the 3rd meal and snacks are either fruit, vegetables or Special K cereal bars.
Following this diet for 2 weeks can expect a weight loss of up to 6lbs.
Me?
I had 5lbs to lose and lost 4 pounds in 1.5 weeks but couldn't go on.
I was just 'done' with cereal.

I highly recommend this for a 'quick fix' diet where you need to lose just a few pounds.
To keep myself from feeling deprived, I'd mix a different type of fruit in with each bowl. Sometimes I'd even chop up a cereal bar and add that for variety. Loads of different vegetables and fruits for snacks really helped too.
I do suggest having a slice of whole grain bread with dinner though because your fibre intake drastically reduces with this diet so you may end up constipated if you are not careful.
I'm a carb-aholic so this diet was not a big stretch for me and I love fresh fruit and vegetables so for the first several days I didn't feel any deprivation.

The Vanilla almond Special K was my favourite and sometimes I'd mix a few flavours of Special K together with more than one fruit to keep it as interesting as possible.

I tracked my eating habits on an online calorie counter called www.fitday.com while I did this and I was averaging only about 1200-1400 calories a day on this diet and my fat ratio was very low.

Ofcourse your carbohydrate count is the majority of what you're eating so you have plenty of energy but on a long term basis, I'm sure this is not the best solution for significant weight loss.

I may do this diet one more time a little closer to bikini season.

But just because it's bikini season, don't expect me to wear a bikini!

No comments: