Sunday, July 1, 2007

Wondrous Coconut Oil

Is coconut oil bad for you?
Surprisingly, No. There are stories that suggest it was a bit of a ploy to raise cash crops. If you look at recently released research, there's great news about coconut oil and all the associated benefits.

There was a time, that I heard that anything with tropical oils was bad for you. Palm oil and coconut oil should be avoided like the plague. A few months ago a client had me research and write an article about organic coconut oil and I was astounded to the point that I decided to use it as much as possible and have been telling everyone I can about the many benefits of organic coconut oil.

Coconut oil contains lauric acid which a component of human breast milk that is known for boosting the immune system. Coconut oil also can withstand much more heat before burning. I started using it and couldn’t get over how well stir fry dishes turned out as well as roasted potatoes. The oil didn’t burn and the food turned out beautifully. Coconut oil has a huge amount of health benefits that are definitely worth checking out. The types I’ve used didn’t even taste like coconut which was a plus for my spouse who really doesn’t like strong coconut flavour.

I can’t get as in depth as I’d like due to the fact that my research was for a client and I ghostwrote the article but one point to mention is that there was a man who lived on coconuts alone for almost a month following the boxing day tsunami a few years ago and he survived unscathed despite being surrounded by bacteria filled waters and rotting corpses. Coconut oil can do wonders for your immune system and I’ve read great things about your metabolism, skin and that it’s antibacterial as well as increases your energy levels.

Organic is best due to the processing. Although organic can be rather expensive, the health benefits make it very worthwhile.

I am looking into more coconut related news due to recent discoveries about coconut water and coconut kefir that I've stumbled upon. More on those subjects later.
Cheers to your health,
Dana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sing coconut oil put my cholesterol higher. Ddoes any one know why?

Claudette@yahoo.com

Dana Prince said...

Hi Claudette,
I found a great resource online:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/may/coconut.htm

Perhaps this will help you. In my research organic coconut oil appears to be the best as it has had the least amount of processing. Hope this info helps.