Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Scoop On Coconut Kefir

I’ve been on the search for information about Coconut Kefir for a while. I’m almost ready to try making a batch. I first kept coming up empty by searching for coconut kiefer but I suppose that refers to Kiefer Sutherland. Coconut Kefir references come up regularly in my search for healthy probiotic information and I’ve found some resources for making it yourself. I’ve been learning more and more about the benefits of coconut. Coconut oil is something I’m trying to incorporate into our regular diets and I’ve been doing a lot of candida research for a client and so have become fascinated with the positive and negative bacteria living in our bodies. I also know that today’s diet wreaks havoc on the digestive system and especially the colon.


What can coconut kefir do for you?

Coconut water and a kefir starter can produce some great results. Coconut kefir can:
-Cleanse the liver and endocrine system
-enhance the positive flora in your digestive system which can be great for fighting candida
-intestinal toning (great if you have loss of bowel tone)
-help with digestion problems
-help with various areas of your appearance including shinier hair, clearerskin and stronger nails
-reduce sugar cravings so can be great while on a diet
-coconut water is very hydrating so is perfect for thirst quenching. In fact, fresh and sterile coconut water has even been used intravenously for dehydration.
-can ward off or cure a hangover

It’s best to make this with young coconut and and purchase a Kefir starter along with it. I'll be sure to post my findings after making this drink myself.

No comments: