Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fend Off The Common Cold With Peroxide

I read this somewhere a few years ago and every time (except once) that I've tried it, I've managed to avoid getting a cold & flu. This has worked for other people I've told. Not every time but many, many times.

I could write about the wonders of hydrogen peroxide at length...I'm sure I eventually will and will come back here to link the post. It's cheap and readily available and can help you with a whole HOST of health and household issues.

At the first sign of a sore throat or that nasty achiness you feel when you know you're about to get sick, insert a few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide in your ear.
Tilt your head to the side and let it bubble. It'll feel really weird and fizzy and might sting a little bit but wait until the bubbling stops and do the other ear.
This also removes excess ear wax, by the way.
I read that a doctor suggested that cold and flu viruses entered the body through the ear canal and disinfecting the ear could kill the bacteria and prevent or shorten the lifespan of a cold or flu.

I've managed to avoid getting sick 3 or 4 times in the last year or two
by doing this two or three times a day for a two days when I've either started to feel sick, a family member has gotten sick or when I've come into contact with people who've later said they had the flu.

No comments: